Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - Should everyone go back to their indigenous Countries?
View Single Post

Old 13-07-2019   #8
LostCause
AMC Addict

LostCause is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryLostCause's Flag is: England
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

In my experience there is no such thing as luck -Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balti View Post
There is no universally accepted definition for “Indigenous,” though there are characteristics that tend to be common among Indigenous Peoples:

•Indigenous People are distinct populations relative to the dominant post-colonial culture of their country. They are often minority populations within the current post-colonial nations states. In Bolivia and Guatemala Indigenous people make up more than half the population.

•Indigenous People usually have (or had) their own language, cultures, and traditions influenced by living relationships with their ancestral homelands. Today, Indigenous people speak some 4,000 languages.

•Indigenous People have distinctive cultural traditions that are still practiced.

•Indigenous People have (or had) their own land and territory, to which they are tied in myriad ways.

•Indigenous People self-identify as Indigenous.

Examples of Indigenous Peoples include the Inuit of the Arctic, the White Mountain Apache of Arizona, the Yanomami and the Tupi People of the Amazon, traditional pastoralists like the Maasai in East Africa, and tribal peoples like the Bontoc people of the mountainous region of the Philippines.

This is where Cultural Survival comes in.

With your support, Cultural Survival empowers and supports Indigenous Peoples to advocate for their rights — human rights, the right to participate and have a voice, the right to practice their cultures and speak their languages, the right to access the same opportunities as others, and the right to control and sustainably manage their assets and resources — so that they may determine for themselves the future they will lead.

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/issues
If there is something ancient the world should know about it.

“ I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

– Darth Vader