Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 - View Single Post - Parents angered as every pupil is given halal school meals
View Single Post

Old 25-04-2011   #18
Harjy.Singh
Creaming The Posts

Male
Harjy.Singh is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryHarjy.Singh's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Star Sign: Star Sign
Serve the True Guru fearlessly, and your doubt shall be dispelled
Quote:
Originally Posted by FemaleSolja786 View Post
Growing Muslim population and huge demand..
Quote:
Religious and ethnic groups in the UK and Scotland

The 2001 census data showed minority ethnic groups made up 7.9% or 4.6 million of the total UK population, 2% of which lived in Scotland. 59 These groups are concentrated in the four large cities, with almost half being of South Asian origin (from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka) and the next largest community are Chinese people (0.3% of total population). 7 Other groups include; Black Caribbean, Black African or Other Black. 59 In addition the population of people migrating from the European Union countries has been increasing. 58 Other ethnic minority groups may be identified at the local level.

Although there is a more culturally diverse population, it remains predominantly Christian, with other large faith groups encompassing Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, and Jews.
https://www2.gov.scot/Publications/2008/06/24145312/10

When the Muslim population increases to 90% is halal food going to be forced down everyones throat??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery1_honi View Post
its bout respect. i understand that muslims and jewish ppl have to eat halal. That's fine. Thats how they are brought up. But the rest of us?

If I said to my muslim friends Im cooking pork at my house... when they come to dinner.... its not gonna go down too well..... if they wont be forced into something that is against their tennents/cajoled... then neither shd we.... it is as simple as that.....frankly even suggesing it wd be seen as rude.... they wd look at me as if to say.... did u jus say that?!

it is about respect.
My friend at uni is like that..They cook beef and everything in the flat, when the gora upstairs cooks bacon my downstairs flatmate gets all moody and starts saying "I'm gonna find a new place to live"

He never considers how I feel when he offers me halal products

Quote:

"Without the Name all, which man wears and eats is poison. By praising the True Name one merges in the True Master." (Guru Nanak, Pauri, pg.144)

In the society of the times meat was avoided by Hindus and certain kinds by the Muslims. The Gurus tried to explain to these people that it was not eating meat was not the real sin but:

Taking anothers right is the real thing to be avoided
"Nanak, another's right is swine for him (the Musalman) and cow for him (the Hindu)." (Guru Nanak, pg. 141)

Falsehood is the real thing to avoid
"By uttering falsehood, man eats meat, Yet, he goes to admonish others. Such appears to be the leader, O' Nanak! who himself is beguiled and beguiles his comrades." (Guru Nanak, Slok, pg. 140)
"Falsehood is my dagger and to eat by defrauding is meat." (Guru Nanak, Sri Rag, pg. 24)

Evil intellect, heartlesness, slander and wrath are the real things to avoid
“Evil-intellect is the she drummer, heartlessness is the butcheress, other’s slander in the heart is a sweepress and deceitful wrath is a pariah-woman” (Guru Nanak, Slok, pg. 91)

Avarice, falsehood, cheatings and slander are the real things to avoid
“Avarice is a dog., falsehood the sweeper and cheating the eating of meat. Slandering others solely amounts to puting other’s filth in ones own mouth and fire of wrath is a pariah.” (Guru Nanak, Sri Rag, pg.15)

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

Ik Oankaar Sathigur Prasaadh

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਆਸਾ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅੰਗ ੪੭੯