Squat toilets could be coming to Cambridge to cope with the amount of tourists - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Squat toilets could be coming to Cambridge to cope with the amount of tourists
Old 19-01-2020
MonsoonLady
In Post Rehab

MonsoonLady is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
has no status.

Squat toilets are commonly used in East Asian countries

Squat toilets could be coming to Cambridge city centre following a redevelopment.

A planning application has been submitted for the redevelopment of the Silver Street toilets in Cambridge, situated near the Queen’s Road coach drop-off point.

The plans propose having four male urinals, three male cubicles and seven female cubicles, as well as two gender neutral ones.

But one interesting new feature will be the three new squat toilets, commonly used in East Asian countries.

One reason for the choice of squat toilets is because many coach tour visitors come from countries where they are more common, according to Cambridge City Council.

Many claim squat toilets provide more benefits compared to a Western toilet and human biology is better suited to squatting, since historically humans were more likely to squat than sit when going to the toilet. Subject to the planning application being approved, construction is expected to start in autumn 2020.

The existing toilets will then close for approximately four months while the works are underway.

The plans also propose a new lightweight structure on Silver Street bridge to replace the existing disabled toilet with a new facility consisting of a disabled toilet, baby changing table, and a kiosk as a concession or information point.

The current toilets are outdated, costly to maintain, and less able to cope with high demand, particularly from the daily volumes of coach tour visitors to the city centre.
Being located below the street at river level, the current toilets are also susceptible to flooding, leading to some temporary closures of the facilities.

The council has said it will take into consideration the use of sustainable building materials and minimal water use.

As a result, a rainwater harvesting collector will be on the roof. There will also be bird boxes incorporated on the exterior wall to encourage birds to roost.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...ridge-17000740

“Rain clouds come floating in, not to muddy my days ahead, but to make me calm, happy and hopeful.”

5 Lastest Threads by MonsoonLady
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Does anyone still listen to Radio XL? Topics & Posts For Public Viewing MonsoonLady 0 1 17-06-2022 23:24
How did British East India Company end Mughal... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing MonsoonLady 0 1 07-04-2022 16:12
Boss of rat-infested Coseley takeaway fined after... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing MonsoonLady 0 1 19-01-2022 08:08

Old 20-01-2020   #2
micklfc08
In Post Rehab

micklfc08 will become famous soon enoughmicklfc08 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Countrymicklfc08's Flag is: Ireland
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 45
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 2

She said: You are a shallow male pig :).
I'm not using that!
What if you have diarrhea?
How are you suppose to balance and take a dump?

"That's none of your business."

Old 22-01-2020   #3
---RuFfEdGe---
Wild Poster

Female
---RuFfEdGe--- is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Country---RuFfEdGe---'s Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 20
Likes (Received): 5
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 0

Star Sign: Star Sign
Do you feel sad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by micklfc08 View Post
What if you have diarrhea?

Don't wear flip flops

Quote:
Originally Posted by micklfc08 View Post
How are you suppose to balance and take a dump?
They might build side railings, who knows?

Old 22-01-2020   #4
Afghan_Beauty
Zombie Poster

Female
Afghan_Beauty is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
CountryAfghan_Beauty's Flag is: UK
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 15
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Star Sign: Star Sign
My passion for you is intoxicating.
Why are they bringing that here?
Its bad enough when you go to Afghanistan on your holidays and you have to use it there ..
I don't want it here!!