childish Steve Smith cannot have two brain cells to rub together after being caught - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

childish Steve Smith cannot have two brain cells to rub together after being caught
Old 12-01-2021
krshnthkkr
Born Explosive!

krshnthkkr is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
has no status.

childish Steve Smith cannot have two brain cells to rub together after being caught

DAVID 'BUMBLE' LLOYD: Given his history with sandpaper, childish Steve Smith cannot have two brain cells to rub together after being caught up in more controversy by scuffing Rishabh Pant's mark
Smith was criticised for roughing up Pant's guard mark during third Test
  • He does not appear to have learnt from the ball tampering scandal
  • Paine and Ashwin clashed as the Sydney Test ended in an unlikely draw
  • Captain Paine has to take responsibility for the behaviour of his team

Quote:
There's only one word to describe the behaviour of Australia’s cricketers on the last day of the Sydney Test against India: depressing.

Actually, I say ‘only one word’, but that’s not quite right. There are several words. We just can’t print most of them in the newspaper.

Let’s start with Steve Smith’s decision to rake his size nines on the crease where Rishabh Pant had marked his guard. That was plain childish. He’s trying to irritate the batsman.

But with all the cameras around these days, and Smith’s history with the sandpaper, you have to reach the conclusion that he can’t have two brain cells to rub together.

What was he thinking — if he was thinking anything at all?

If I’d been umpiring that game, I’d have gone straight to the captain to tell him that I’m reporting his player, and that he’s got to take responsibility for the behaviour of his team. Absolutely disgraceful.

I’ve said it before, but this seems like a good moment to repeat it: cricket has to get serious about ill discipline.

The authorities have to introduce a yellow and red-card system that can be applied retrospectively.

With VAR in football, the game can be stopped and the officials can decide about foul play. So why can’t cricket do the same?

The match referee can look at the footage and say: ‘Sorry, Steve. You can’t behave like that. You’re missing the next game.’

But the authorities don’t want to know. They have this daft idea that what happens on the field should stay on the field. It makes me sad for cricket.

You do wonder what people will say about Smith in years to come. You never hear cricket fans say: ‘That Don Bradman, or that Garry Sobers, they could play a bit but they were a real idiot.’

With Smith, though, you get the feeling that these incidents are going to affect the way history regards him: a great batsman, sure, but incapable of behaving himself.

David Warner seems to have calmed down a bit since he got all giddy with the sandpaper in Cape Town, so why can’t Smith?

It’s up to Paine now to control his players, but first he has to set an example.

Put it like this: if someone had talked to me like he did to Ravichandran Ashwin, I’d have lost all respect for them.

The way he was carrying on behind the stumps left me flabbergasted.

I played the game for two decades, and sledging didn’t really exist. People go on about Ian Chappell and his Australia team, but what the likes of Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thomson said to us was just banter. They never said anything that made me not want to have a beer with them after the game.

How can Ashwin want to share a drink with the Australians after Paine was trash-talking him the way he did?

You’d have thought the Australians would watch their Ps and Qs after that farce with the sandpaper. But they just don’t seem to learn.

What on earth is wrong with them?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...-together.html

5 Lastest Threads by krshnthkkr
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Pathaan Movie Review |KRK| Topics & Posts For Public Viewing bruh420 2 3 26-01-2023 19:54
Finally John Abraham breaks his silence on... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing krshnthkkr 0 1 10-01-2023 04:39
India arms Arab nation with defence equipment Topics & Posts For Public Viewing krshnthkkr 0 1 10-01-2023 04:38
Pak cops abandon guns, dance in protest against... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing krshnthkkr 0 1 10-01-2023 04:34
Why Do People Want To Boycott Pathaan? Topics & Posts For Public Viewing krshnthkkr 0 1 10-01-2023 04:22