'Chhapaak' which registered a low start has failed to excel in the domestic circuit - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

'Chhapaak' which registered a low start has failed to excel in the domestic circuit
Old 15-01-2020
Ashmeena
In Post Rehab

Ashmeena is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
has no status.

'Chhapaak' which registered a low start has failed to excel in the domestic circuit

'Chhapaak' which registered a low start has failed to excel in the domestic circuit and as per the latest Box Office India report, the film has gone on to earn another Rs 2.25 crore on its first Tuesday which has taken its total collection to Rs 22.25 crore. On the other hand, Ajay Devgn starrer ‘Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior’ seems to be unstoppable as it looks adamant to become the first film to cross the Rs 100 crore mark in 2020.

Meghna Gulzar directorial 'Chhapaak' which stars Deepika Padukone and Vikrant Massey was mired into a lot of controversies right before its release which seems to have affected its box office collections. Deepika, who joined the students in JNU to extend her support grabbed a lot of attention as it became the talk of the nation.

Deepika, who made her Bollywood debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Farah Khan's 'Om Shanti Om' in an exclusive interview with ETimes opened up about the superstar's initiative for acid attack survivors through his charity organization. She said, "I remember when we were shooting for ‘Happy New Year’ or ‘Chennai Express’, Shah Rukh Khan used to say he wants to support acid attack survivors. He had already started doing it at an individual level and I think he has been doing it for years, he just never spoke about it. I think he has been financially supporting survivors at an individual level and I remember him mentioning to us that he would like to do this at a much larger level. And then, I haven’t seen him in a while. It’s almost a coincidence that I started hearing about the Meer foundation almost around the same time when we started filming ‘Chhapaak’. Then, it made me feel like - Oh, Wow! Something like this he would talk about has actually taken shape and is actually there in the form.

Furthermore, she added, "It’s nice to see that something that he felt for and something that he believed in is actually followed through and that they do such incredible work. But I think that there are many such NGOs that are doing incredible work and this film isn’t for one NGO per se, also it is not only for acid attack survivors, but it is also for society at large. It is important that everyone watches this movie because I think that there is something for each one of us to take away from it."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/73267893.cms

5 Lastest Threads by Ashmeena
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
'Chhapaak' which registered a low start has... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing Ashmeena 0 1 15-01-2020 18:16