Pak Media plays NewsX prime time debate on Muhammad Ali Jinnah - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Pak Media plays NewsX prime time debate on Muhammad Ali Jinnah
Old 12-10-2019
raajveer
Kung Fu Poster

raajveer will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
has no status.

#JinnahDebate #Pakistan #NewsX

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks gunster thanked for this post
Likes gunster, jay999 liked this post

5 Lastest Threads by raajveer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Arnab's Big Western Media Expose With Swapan... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing raajveer 0 1 08-05-2024 14:22
Why Dhruv Rathee Is The Rahul Gandhi Of YouTube Topics & Posts For Public Viewing raajveer 0 1 08-05-2024 14:06
Can BJP LOSE In 2024? Topics & Posts For Public Viewing raajveer 0 1 08-05-2024 13:58
Pala Bishop Accuses Muslims of Targeting... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing raajveer 0 1 07-05-2024 23:45
Religion Conversion | Muslim To Hindu Topics & Posts For Public Viewing raajveer 0 1 07-05-2024 15:08

Old 14-10-2019   #2
jay999
Nutty Poster!

jay999 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 51
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 17
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Teacher: Why are you talking during my lesson? Student: Why are you teaching during my conversation?
Muslims rioted to partition India.. In 1946 Jinnah, the founding father of Pakistan and souharvardhi, then cm of Bengal did genocide of Hindus in Bengal on direct action day where souharvardhi had already sent police on leave.

Old 15-10-2019   #3
omar_p0
Slippery Fingers

Male
omar_p0 is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Countryomar_p0's Flag is: Pakistan
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 3

Star Sign: Star Sign
has no status.
I don't agree,

http://www.pakistan.gov.pk/Quaid/political_career.html

Jinnah as a staunch supporter of Hindu Muslim and Indian unity started his political career with Indian National Congress in 1906. To bring closer all the Indian communities he even “bitterly opposed the introduction of separate electorate in the district boards and municipalities”1 at the Congress session of 1910.

Jinnah started his parliamentary career in 1910 and on January 4, elected as member of Imperial Legislative Council from Bombay. On the insistence of Sayyid Wazir Hasan and Mohamed Ali, ”Jinnah became a member of the League on October 10, 1913”2 Jinnah was instrumental in persuading the All India Muslim League to amend its constitution by adding a suitable self government under British Crown. In October 1917, he joined the Home Rule League founded by Annie Besant to further the cause of attainment of self rule for India. On the internment of Annie Besant, he became President of the Home Rule League of Bombay on 17th June 1918. He used his position to organize public meetings throughout the Bombay Presidency, mobilized propaganda and publicity campaigns.3

In 1918, he held a vigorous campaign against the farewell party in honour of the Governor of Bombay, Lord Willingdon. “In the company of hundreds of his supporters present on the occasion, Jinnah told Willingdon to his face that the people of Bombay were not party to commemorating or approving his services as Governor”.4 The efforts of Jinnah were applauded and Jinnah Memorial Hall was constructed as a tribute to him from the people of Bombay.

Another landmark of Jinnah’s political struggle, to bring closer the Hindus and Muslims, was Lucknow Pact. In December 1916, AIML and Congress met in Lucknow. It was due to untiring efforts of Jinnah that the Congress “agreed to separate electorate, for the first and the last time”.5 To applaud these efforts of Jinnah, he was given the title of ‘Ambassador of Hindu-Muslim unity’ by Sarojni Naidu.

To counter the secret and revolutionary activities during the World War I, an Act was introduced by the British Government known as Rowlatt Act. Jinnah opposed the Act as it was against all the fundamental notions of law and justice. He “resigned from Imperial Legislative Council as a protest”.6

For survival of the Ottoman Empire in Turkey, Khilafat Movement started in India in 1919. Congress participated in the movement and M.K. Gandhi “was elected President of the Khilafat Conference at Delhi”.7 This was followed by the Non-Cooperation Movement which triggered violence in India. Jinnah was against Gandhi’s Non Cooperation Movement so much so that he remained away from it. ”He had a feeling that the League was being overshadowed by Gandhi’s ideologies, so he distanced himself from Khilafat Movement”.8

The dream of Hindu-Muslim unity seemed collapsing but it was Jinnah who stepped forward and presented his Delhi Muslim Proposals in 1927. For the sake of Hindu-Muslim unity, the Muslim League was ready to forego the demand which was cry of the Muslim India, the ‘separate electorate’. The Delhi-Muslim Proposals “reflected his intentions and revealed his views about Hindu-Muslim Unity”.9 These efforts were undone by the Nehru Report. Jinnah opposed it tooth and nail. “The Nehru Report of 1928 made no concession at all, and was rejected by all shades of Muslim opinion”.10

Reaction to Nehru Report was the famous Fourteen Points of Jinnah. These Fourteen Points clearly reflected the demands, sentiments and aspirations of the Muslims”.11 The Congress did not give any importance to these points and instead determined to oppose them.

In order to discuss the political deadlock and reach some constitutional settlement of British India, Round Table Conferences were held in London from 1930-1932. Jinnah “played a vital role on Federal Structure Sub-Committee”.12 The Round Table Conference proved that the two main communities of India held bipolar and contradicting views on Indian constitutional progress.

To end the stalemate British Government announced Communal Award on 16 August 1932 leading to the enactment of Government of India Act 1935. The Act was neither held by the Muslim League nor by the Congress. But this Act became the basis for the future constitutions of India and Pakistan.

References
1.Ahmad Saeed, Trek to Pakistan, (Lahore: Institute of Pakistan Historical Research, 2002), p.251.
2.Ibid., p. 252.
3.Sikandar Hayat, The Charismatic Leader: Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah and the Creation of Pakistan (Karachi: Oxford University Press, 2008), p.42.
4. Ibid.
5. Ahmad Saeed, op.cit, p. 133.
6. Ibid., p.145.
7. Jaswant Singh, India-Partition-Independence (New Delhi: Rupa & Co., 2009), p.107.
8. Ahmad Saeed, op.cit., p. 255.
9. Ibid., p.173.
10. Ayesha Jalal, The Sole Spokesman: Jinnah, the Muslim League and the Demand for Pakistan (Lahore: Sang-e-Meel Publications), p. 10.
11. Ahmad Saeed, op.cit, p. 199.
12. Muhammad Ali Siddiqui, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah: Speeches: Round Table Conference [1930-1932] (Karachi: Quaid-i-Azam Academy, 1996), introduction.

Old 15-10-2019   #4
gunster
Feeling High?

Male
gunster is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 0

has no status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay999 View Post
Muslims rioted to partition India.. In 1946 Jinnah, the founding father of Pakistan and souharvardhi, then cm of Bengal did genocide of Hindus in Bengal on direct action day where souharvardhi had already sent police on leave.

From what I read...
The British instigated partition by placing doubts in Jinnahs mind.
Soon, Jinnah romanticised over the idea of a separate country for Muslims.
Initially Jinnah did support unity.

gstar