Akhmed Yakoob says 'this is an earthquake' - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Akhmed Yakoob says 'this is an earthquake'
Old 1 Week Ago
Asiansoul
Nutty Poster!

Asiansoul will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
has no status.

Akhmed Yakoob says 'this is an earthquake'

Akhmed Yakoob says 'this is an earthquake' as he grabs over 69,000 votes in mayor race

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...int_source=nba

Independent Akhmed Yakoob has landed a massive blow to the mainstream parties after cleaning up votes in parts of the inner cities, especially in Birmingham

ByJane HaynesPolitics & People Editor
21:25, 4 MAY 2024

Quote:
He may not have won the mayoralty of the West Midlands - that has gone to Labour's Richard Parker - but with his shades and his supercars, his entourage and his natty suits, Akhmed Yakoob cuts a formidable figure as he strolls through the ICC to take his bow.

From nowhere, the lawyer with a Tik Tok strategy has caused a political earthquake that's left the traditional parties reeling - not least the Labour Party. He couldn't quite keep Richard Parker out of the mayor's hot seat, but it would be 'crazy' to ignore the massive impact he has made, says Yardley MP Jess Phillips.

He has caused chaos, and he loves it. Off the back of widespread anger and frustration over the mainstream parties' reluctance to go all in on Israel over Gaza and demand an urgent ceasefire, he launched a pro Palestine campaign that's gone viral.

In Birmingham, more than 42,000 people, largely in inner city areas of East and West Birmingham, gave him their backing. It meant the Labour vote tanked in some areas that had previously been all red, just when it ought to have been free to capitalise on distaste for the Conservative party.

But he also picked up thousands more votes across the region, even in areas he'd barely set foot in. "You got 1,454 votes in Solihull," I tell him. He grins - 'I never even campaigned there, not really. That's good."

In all he secured 69,621 votes. Now he is eyeing up joining George Galloway's Workers Party of GB ahead of a tilt at the Ladywood constituency in Birmingham in the General Election, though thinks he might be better staying independent. "It's possible but I'm still working things out," he said today.

On an accusation that he is opportunistic and has personally done little for Gaza (made by Phillips), he is defensive. He says he has directly campaigned and fundraised for causes in Gaza, and employs a Palestinian Gazan in his office. "I am supporting people directly in Gaza and raising awareness direct - I've had over 15 million views of my TikToks on my campaign, that's all helping ensure people know what is going on and why it has to stop."

He is determined to carry on disrupting the status quo. "Disruption gets you noticed and I have disrupted the political system. This is an earthquake and in the West Midlands they are already feeling the tremors."

He added: "This is not about me appealing to one nationality, one faith or one area despite what people say, though those people are very angry. This is my first time in politics and I am going to be around for a long time."

5 Lastest Threads by Asiansoul
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dramatic Immigration raid at Indian restaurant Topics & Posts For Public Viewing Asiansoul 0 1 18-05-2024 19:58
Why India Must 'Software Update' The Biased... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing Asiansoul 0 1 17-05-2024 21:51
Candid with Lubna - Check out her content! Topics & Posts For Public Viewing Amrita 1 2 14-05-2024 14:07
Gravitas | Has Rishi Sunak's UK become a third... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing Asiansoul 0 1 14-05-2024 13:51
Deepfakes and influencers: The digital election... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing Asiansoul 0 1 14-05-2024 13:35

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
jay999
Nutty Poster!

jay999 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 51
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 17
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Teacher: Why are you talking during my lesson? Student: Why are you teaching during my conversation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiansoul View Post
Akhmed Yakoob says 'this is an earthquake' as he grabs over 69,000 votes in mayor race

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...int_source=nba

Independent Akhmed Yakoob has landed a massive blow to the mainstream parties after cleaning up votes in parts of the inner cities, especially in Birmingham

ByJane HaynesPolitics & People Editor
21:25, 4 MAY 2024

Quote:
He may not have won the mayoralty of the West Midlands - that has gone to Labour's Richard Parker - but with his shades and his supercars, his entourage and his natty suits, Akhmed Yakoob cuts a formidable figure as he strolls through the ICC to take his bow.

From nowhere, the lawyer with a Tik Tok strategy has caused a political earthquake that's left the traditional parties reeling - not least the Labour Party. He couldn't quite keep Richard Parker out of the mayor's hot seat, but it would be 'crazy' to ignore the massive impact he has made, says Yardley MP Jess Phillips.

He has caused chaos, and he loves it. Off the back of widespread anger and frustration over the mainstream parties' reluctance to go all in on Israel over Gaza and demand an urgent ceasefire, he launched a pro Palestine campaign that's gone viral.

In Birmingham, more than 42,000 people, largely in inner city areas of East and West Birmingham, gave him their backing. It meant the Labour vote tanked in some areas that had previously been all red, just when it ought to have been free to capitalise on distaste for the Conservative party.

But he also picked up thousands more votes across the region, even in areas he'd barely set foot in. "You got 1,454 votes in Solihull," I tell him. He grins - 'I never even campaigned there, not really. That's good."

In all he secured 69,621 votes. Now he is eyeing up joining George Galloway's Workers Party of GB ahead of a tilt at the Ladywood constituency in Birmingham in the General Election, though thinks he might be better staying independent. "It's possible but I'm still working things out," he said today.

On an accusation that he is opportunistic and has personally done little for Gaza (made by Phillips), he is defensive. He says he has directly campaigned and fundraised for causes in Gaza, and employs a Palestinian Gazan in his office. "I am supporting people directly in Gaza and raising awareness direct - I've had over 15 million views of my TikToks on my campaign, that's all helping ensure people know what is going on and why it has to stop."

He is determined to carry on disrupting the status quo. "Disruption gets you noticed and I have disrupted the political system. This is an earthquake and in the West Midlands they are already feeling the tremors."

He added: "This is not about me appealing to one nationality, one faith or one area despite what people say, though those people are very angry. This is my first time in politics and I am going to be around for a long time."
The guys full of shit.
His entire campaign is either about #Gaza or Kashmir
then he the son of a bitch has the nerve to say its not over one faith or nationality..
Where are his concerns over Baloch??
Birmingham's Muslim population is 21.8%, that's a huge voting chunk for labour
if you count the constituencies.

Then he "chuckles" as if he didn't have to advertise in Solihill and other places, when the opportunist cunt promotes himself on tiktok, so posting leaflets door to door has o real impact when social media is a powerful took with a better out reach.
Even these reporters are full of shit with their line of questioning.