Danish Kaneria admits religious bias in Pak team, controversy takes political turn - Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020
Home Control Panel Gallery Chat Room Arcade Eye Candy Projects Multimedia Networking Search Sign Up

Advertisements

★ ♥ ★ A Multicultural Community that unites people from all over the world ★ ♥ ★
Go Back   Asian Massive Crew Community 2002/2020 > Forum for Guests > Topics & Posts For Public Viewing
Forgotten Your Password? Register
User Tag List

Danish Kaneria admits religious bias in Pak team, controversy takes political turn
Old 28-12-2019
B34VER
In Post Rehab

B34VER is on a distinguished road
My Mood:
Chew your brain

Danish Kaneria admits religious bias in Pak team, controversy takes political turn

Danish Kaneria seeks support of Pakistan PM Imran Khan
‘Get me out of the mess,’ Danish Kaneria seeks support of Pakistan PM Imran Khan
Danish Kaneria released a statement on his twitter handle explaining his conditions and urged PM Imran Khan and other cricketers from Pakistan and around the world to help him out.

Stating that Shoaib Akhtar’s claims of discrimination within the Pakistan cricket team during their playing days because of his Hindu faith is true, former Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria urged Pakistan PM Imran Khan and other former cricketers to help him get out of the mess. He, however, has urged people not to politicise the issue.

Kaneria released a statement on his twitter handle explaining his conditions and urged Imran Khan and other cricketers from Pakistan and around the world to help him out.

“I need support from all legendary players of Pakistan including honourable Prime Minister Imran Khan, cricket administrators of Pakistan and other countries to get me out of the mess. Please come forward and help me out.”

Kaneria agreed to everything that former Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar said.

“Today, I saw the interview of the legendary bowler Shoaib Akhtar. I personally thank him for telling the truth. At the same time, I am grateful to all the players who supported me wholeheartedly as a cricketer. Also thankful to media, genuine cricket administrators, and citizens of Pakistan who supported me regardless of my religious affiliation,” he said.

In an interview on PTV’s show titled “Game on Hai”, Akhtar alleged that there were many who did not want Kaneria to be part of the Pakistan team because of his Hindu faith, that the spinner was never given due credit for his performances and that he was constantly humiliated by his teammates. Akhtar even said that some players even refused to partake food with Kaneria.

Kaneria, who played for Pakistan between 2000 and 2010, is only the second Hindu player to play for Pakistan, the other being Anil Dalpat, incidentally Kaneria’s uncle, was a wicketkeeper who represented his country in the 1980s.

“There were certain elements in the society who opposed. However, the opposition could not sustain against the people who loved me. I always remained positive in life and ignored such opposition,” the leg-spinner said.

The 39-year-old, who was suspended from cricket in 2012 for fixing allegations, further said that he approached many individuals in Pakistan to get his issues resolved, but his efforts went in vain.

“At the same time, my life is not in a good shape and I approached many individuals in Pakistan and around the world to resolve my issues. Yet, I have not received any help. Issues of many cricketers of Pakistan have been resolved though.”

“I gave everything possible for Pakistan as a cricketer and I am very proud of it. And in the hour of need I am positive that the people of Pakistan will help me.

Kaneria is fourth in the list of bowlers who have taken most Test wickets for Pakistan, behind only fast bowlers Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Imran Khan. With 261 wickets in 62 Tests, the leggie remains one of Pakistan’s best spinners in recent times.

5 Lastest Threads by B34VER
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Iran reportedly helped militant groups plot... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing B34VER 0 1 09-10-2023 03:00
People in Gaza flee homes after mass terror... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing B34VER 0 1 08-10-2023 01:35
Israel launches operation 'Iron Swords', 200... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing B34VER 0 1 07-10-2023 22:02
The Sikh stand against Hindutva Inspired... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing jay999 3 4 06-10-2023 01:12
Sikh Restaurant Owner Who Was Attacked By... Topics & Posts For Public Viewing B34VER 0 1 04-10-2023 22:32